Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First sponsor..first mile!!

Yesterday was exciting!  I received my first sponsor donation in the mail.  I love how God used the first response to remind me He is in charge of this.  It came from someone that I really did not expect to participate financially.  I knew this person would be a fantastic prayer warrior for me during this process but I also know times are tough and they do not have any extra income.  Not only was it the first response but they requested to sponsor the first mile!  Yesterday's run was only 8 miles but for some reason it was mentally hard to complete.  I now have a refreshed motivation and am really excited to get out there and complete the deed the Lord has placed in front of me.  I know there will still be tough days but knowing my friends and family are behind me, supporting me means a lot and makes me want to work harder to not only complete the race but finish strong!

James 2:17
"...faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

James 2:24
"You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone."

So THANK YOU to everyone that chooses to financially support this mission.  For many giving financially is taking a step of faith in their own finances.  Taking that step of faith is an action/deed that will not go unnoticed by our heavenly father.

No comments:

Post a Comment