Friday, June 10, 2011

Power of Prayer

I don't even know how to start this post except to say...I serve an amazing God who has delivered me amazing friends and PRAYER WORKS!  I belong to a group of young women at church and we call ourselves "MITS".  I started attending MITS (moms in touch...at least I think that’s what it stands for...though I have no idea what the "S" means) five years ago.  It has been through this church group that I have developed the closest friendships I could imagine.  We joke because we are all VERY different in personality, only having in common that we are moms who all LOVE good food and God.  We meet twice a month for breakfast, fellowship and devotion and this was a MITS day.  We spent a lot of time talking about prayer today.  Some of our group has laid some big prayer requests before God in the last several weeks and months.  God has answered some prayers while others are still waiting to hear God speak to them.  But, let me tell you.. there's just nothing better than receiving praise reports of answered prayers!!

Why am I writing about this you may wonder?  Running and prayer have come to be something that go together like peanut butter and jelly for me (which, by the way, is one of my favorites).  I spend a lot of time on the road and I'm out there because God has called me to run a marathon to benefit someone else. Running for Him is just that much better when I’m running with Him!  Last weekend I was at Boyce Park running what was going to be a record distance and half way through my knees both started to hurt...and not just a little.  I felt that I was going to have to cut my run down by about 6 miles.  At the time, I was praying for some of my Incline students that were facing various issues and it hit me…”I’m spending a lot of time praying for everyone else, perhaps I should try praying for myself.”  So, I did.  I prayed for the Lord to take away the pain so that I could just get in a few more miles.  Within the next mile, I was running pain free and completed that day’s training goal (16 miles)!!  Was I amazed?  Yes!  You bet I was!  I don’t know why but I am still in great awe every time I see prayers answered and miracles happen right before my eyes.  God is so good and so faithful and so obviously real.  He wants to hear our prayers and He wants to bless us by answering them…all He asks is that we are faithful to Him in loving and serving. 

As I begin to collect sponsorship and donations for Bettina Weaver (through Speed the Light), I also begin to open up my email and phone to take prayer requests from all of you.  I will be praying for all of my sponsors on marathon day but I don’t want it to be just a one day deal.  I am spending hours out there every week and I want to take all of your prayer requests to the God that I KNOW still lives and works miracles today!

I do not want to post my phone number here since this is public but please email me at any time your needs!   lmding@msn.com

Colossians 4:2   "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."
Psalm 17:6   "I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer." 

2 comments:

  1. Please pray for the Nagels. Michaela is 12 she has been battling a brain tumor since she was 18 months old. I have known this family since before Paul and I married. Her little sister Aunnah also has a tumor growing and her brothers scoliosis is getting bad. Michaela needs the most as we speak she sits in a hospital bed with blood pressure spiking through the roof. Everyone is worried. We know God's heals, we just prefer Him to heal her here on earth if at all possible. Would you please pray for them?

    One more prayer request, my friend's son who is Noahs age, 15 months old and was in the NICU here in Texas with Noah when he was born, needs a kidney. Pray for a donor.

    I think what you are doing is wonderful. I am trying running but slowly. I love to workout and do so at the gym everyday. The only thing that gets me through the workout is the scripture I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

    Be blessed

    Ashlee
    http://ourjourneytoadoption.beckfamily143.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlee,
    Thank you for sharing. I will definitely lift up these requests to the ultimate healer!
    Keep up your hard work at the gym and running too! It's hard..really hard..but I know you and I know it goes a looong way toward making you feel better which, in turn, goes a long ways in helping you be the best wife and mom you can be!
    Philippians 4:13 is my motto verse for this whole thing. There is NO way I could do this on my own! I wear that verse on a bracelet when I run to remind me that I CAN "do all things through Him who gives me strength" and I know that you can to! You'll be in my prayers as well!
    We miss you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete