Saturday, July 16, 2011

Completion Takes Commitment

I want to send a sincere THANK YOU to all of you that have chosen to support this mission thus far.  I have received sponsorship from a good number of people and have raised a decent amount of money for Speed the Light to purchase a vehicle for Bettina Weaver.  I do, however, still have many miles that are open and waiting for someone to lay claim to them :)  I KNOW I am supposed to be doing this but when my body is aching and I have no time for life, frustrations set in. 

Pastor Nick Poole came to preach at Incline this past Wednesday.  "Completion takes Commitment" was his message (that wasn't the actual title but that's what I got out of it).  He caught my attention when he used running as an analogy.  He said, "you cannot run a marathon without being totally committed.  If you aren't, you will not succeed."  I knew going into this I was looking at a big commitment and this just reminded me.  I am committed!  No matter how how frustrated I may get, I will complete this because I have made the commitment to not only God but also all of the people that have sponsored me.
Pastor Nick had so many good points Wednesday night.  If you want to be complete in life do not look for happiness in things and people.  You will never find it.  Only through Christ will you find complete fullness of life.  Pursuing that life with Christ takes commitment..just like any human relationship.  For it to be successful, you must be fully committed on all levels. 

The Bible says, "For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11  Pastor Nick said, "all of your life pursuits will be empty if not completed with Christ."  Basically, this is all saying that it is only through life with Christ that we will find true happiness and feelings of completion in life and see God's great plans for our life unfold.  God wants good things for all of us..joy and hope are among those things.  Well, I don't know about you but that is something I do not want to miss out on!!!!  Therefore, I will continue to train for this race, despite any frustration that may rise and complete the task that has been set before me.

Philippians 3:13B-14  "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has call me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
"Forgetting what is behind"- my pained body and frustrations
"Straining toward what is ahead"- 2 more months of training
"I press on toward the goal for which God has called me"- running a marathon to benefit Bettina Weaver
"Heavenward in Christ Jesus"- through Him this WILL be completed and in the process I will be drawn in deeper relationship with my savior and will hopefully draw others to Him as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment