Sunday, August 7, 2011

Be Careful What You Ask For

I started my run yesterday at 6:45am.  It was 73 degrees and the dewpoint was 69...that meant very humid!  I didn't think so early in the morning the humidity would make a quick 2 hour run miserable but a few miles in, I was soaked in sweat and breathing was less than desirable.  I was praying for this person and that person but really not feeling the excitement that I normally get when running a long distance (which, by the way, goas was 14 miles that day) because it was so humid.  I decided to ask God to help me out.  I mean, why not, he's clearly come through for me in the past...why wouldn't he come through for me now?!  I said, "God, I'm out here doing this for you..only because you told me to..could I please have just a few tiny sprinkles to cool me off and cut the humidity for a minute?"  Wellllllll, you've read previous posts about how God REALLY does answer prayer?  Again, I called and He answered!!  Not exactly how I had imagined it though.  I kid you not, within 1 minute of that prayer, it rained!  However....instead of just a nice little 5 min sprinkle, it POURED on me for the next 5 miles!!!  I almost quit early sooo many times but I kept thinking how important these runs are towards the final goal so I continued to run, finally deciding to quit only 4 miles early.  Well, God had a different plan.  At 4 miles early, it quit raining and I was nowhere near my car...so on I went.  I ended up finishing all 14 miles in the most water-logged state of my life.

Lesson #1- Be careful what you ask God for...He does answer prayer...but in the way He sees fit :)
Lesson #2- When doing something for God, He WILL see you through to the end.  Whether it be something huge like traveling abroad or adopting a child or something small like running 14 miles in the rain, HE REIGNS YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER and He will make it happen!

*And, that was just pure coincidence that that phrase is what came to me while writing about rain =)

No comments:

Post a Comment