Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We Have A Problem

Training has been going very very well.  Really, almost to well for someone who has only been running for a year.  Last weekend I hit the distance goal needed in order to be fully confident I can complete this race.  I ran 22 miles and shockingly, felt as if I had not run at all the next day.  God has been sooo on my side throughout all of this.  Then Monday night came...Meredith, completely by accident, stepped on my toe.  At the time it did not register any pain and we both went about business.  Later that night it was a little sore.  The next day I worked all day.  It was a little sore but did not limit me in any way for 12 hours on my feet.  At that time, the only thing that caused trouble was bending it.  I actually could not bend it at all.  That night I was awoken from my sleep with INTENSE toe pain.  I couldn't step on the foot at all.  I tried to hobble my way to the bathroom to get pain meds but the intensity of the pain caused me to be lightheaded and have to sit down.  Finally, I managed to get some Ibuprofen and make my way back to bed though little sleep followed.  I was sure it was broken.  Laying in bed, I accessed internet on my phone (can you even believe we live in a world where that is possible) and read that I would be looking at at least 4 weeks off from running if it was broken.  I started praying.  The race is only 6 weeks away and even though I am ready now, that would really set me back.  The next day, which is today, I spoke with my doctor and had xrays taken.  I am now just waiting for the results.  I have a lot of faith and believe that it cannot possibly be broken but I also know that the devil is real and would love nothing more than to sabotage this mission.  It is killing me to not be running right now but I also know that it is very important to let this heal.  I know that God is bigger than any obstacles I may run into so while I'm waiting for answers, I will just continue to lean on Him and pray for no broken bones and a very quick recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment