Thursday, August 4, 2011

Teaming Up For Missions

Back when I first was deciding to or not to do this, I spent some time talking with a good friend, Nicole.  She has been running for years and has also run a couple marathons so I was turning to her looking for any advice and to get a feel for if she thought I had what it would take to complete 26 miles.  I'll never forget the night she called me (late June)..she was sooo excited to hear about how God was wanting to use me and running!  She said, "I'll run it with you!"  Knowing she had a leg that was giving her trouble and was coming into a busy summer, I was shocked.  I never expected that level of support but wow, was I excited!  She was willing to give up a lot of time in her summer to train for this race and be there to support me not only during training but in the race as well.  We are teaming up and trampling the ground for missions this summer and I couldn't be enjoying it more!  God has shown me a lot through the ups and downs of training but most of all, I've learned to have more faith and leave the details to Him.

Matthew 19:26 
Jesus said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

With all of that said....my toe is in question and Nicole has had off and on trouble with her leg.  Please keep both of us in your prayers that our master physician would keep us both in pristine physical health and able to complete the race to which God has called us.  Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment